Course 5: Advanced Makeup Techniques & Intro to Hair
Build Your Foundation, Colour Your Career, Shape Your Future
We love this course as it wraps up everything we have worked so hard previously to teach our students and take their skills even further than imagined. We call this our troubleshooting course. This course is designed to stretch and make your abilities adaptable, so you can pivot when you need to. We teach you how to hold tools better, see your client’s face curves, adjust techniques, learn how your clients skin responds to certain products and much more.
Course 5 takes you to the next level as a professional makeup artist so you will feel equipped to take your business and portfolio work to a new level and set yourself apart for the rest in the beauty industry.
This course is included in the Professional Makeup Artist Certifcation Program.
- A minimum of 4 days/32 hours is recommended for training & equipping for the course
- Video instruction provided for both theory & practical work
- 4 modules with a worksheet
- 4 thorough practical video demos on different skin types & face/eye shapes
- Lifetime access to materials & videos
- Online exam to challenge oneself
- Certificate of completion
What you’ll learn from our educational platform
- Professional makeup
- Portfolio work
- Strong makeup business mindset
- Makeup theory
- Case Study Practical Work
- Marketing and branding tools
- Assessing the client’s needs
- Assess and treat different skin conditions
- Trends vs. personal style
- Wide range of techniques to help with real life experience
This course includes
- Recap and highly suggested techniques for professional bold lip application
- Strong emphasis on techniques for eye liner & working with false lashes
- Understanding the performance of foundation and how contouring benefits the client when done correctly
- Strong study of makeup for extra sensitive skin & skin conditions
- Working with the human face, certain eye shapes and lid sizes and where trends do not apply
The Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine
Build a rewarding career in makeup artistry as you shape your future for either an excellent job with an established company, or to start your own lucrative freelance business! With the Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine, you will receive credentials from a recognized and highly respected educator in this exciting field. Makeup artistry is very competitive and always evolving; the certificate elevates you above the competition with knowledge and experience from highly trained, qualified and accomplished professionals.
About Trena Laine
Trena is an Award-Winning Professional Makeup Artist with over 15 years’ experience in the industry. Having run a successful makeup company, Trena has been educating and providing training to aspiring artists for the past decade. The course is designed not only to certify them as a professional makeup artists, but to also guide them in building the necessary confidence in their skills, and to assist in crafting the tools and skills necessary to be job ready.
The detailed learning and knowledge in both the theory and practical videos will provide a ton of support and experience from this program. A game changer for anyone who desires a rewarding career as a makeup artist.
The Trena Laine Makeup Company is based in Calgary, AB and provides mobile makeup and hair services from the Rockies, to Vancouver, to Fernie, and everywhere in between. Trena Laine produces their own cosmetic line under the Trena Laine brand.
Photo Credit Jessica Catherin Photography.