Course 4: Fashion & Avant-Garde Makeup
Build Your Foundation, Colour Your Career, Shape Your Future
In this course we dive into playing with makeup from different eras. We introduce you to 3 modules that showcase looks with inspiration from different time periods and get creative with time inspired looks for weddings and themed client events.
We walk you through step-by-step not only specific makeup steps but also how to modify for certain face shapes, eye shapes and skin conditions all while maintaining the theme or character of the makeup. Get your costumes and let’s play.
This course is included in the Professional Makeup Artist Certifcation Program.
- A minimum of 5 days/40 hours is recommended for training & equipping for the course
- Video instruction provided for both theory & practical work
- 3 modules with a worksheet
- 5 thorough practical video demos on different skin types & face/eye shapes
- Lifetime access to materials & videos
- Online exam to challenge oneself
- Certificate of completion
What you’ll learn from our educational platform
- Professional makeup
- Portfolio work
- Strong makeup business mindset
- Makeup theory
- Case Study Practical Work
- Marketing and branding tools
- Assessing the client’s needs
- Assess and treat different skin conditions
- Trends vs. personal style
- Wide range of techniques to help with real life experience
This course includes
- Roaring 20’s-50’s inspired makeup
- Gatsby inspired makeup
- Modern vintage inspired makeup
- Pin-up inspired makeup
- Hollywood glam makeup
- Boho pretty inspired makeup
- Fashion & Avant Garde makeup
The Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine
Build a rewarding career in makeup artistry as you shape your future for either an excellent job with an established company, or to start your own lucrative freelance business! With the Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine, you will receive credentials from a recognized and highly respected educator in this exciting field. Makeup artistry is very competitive and always evolving; the certificate elevates you above the competition with knowledge and experience from highly trained, qualified and accomplished professionals.
About Trena Laine
Trena is an Award-Winning Professional Makeup Artist with over 15 years’ experience in the industry. Having run a successful makeup company, Trena has been educating and providing training to aspiring artists for the past decade. The course is designed not only to certify them as a professional makeup artists, but to also guide them in building the necessary confidence in their skills, and to assist in crafting the tools and skills necessary to be job ready.
The detailed learning and knowledge in both the theory and practical videos will provide a ton of support and experience from this program. A game changer for anyone who desires a rewarding career as a makeup artist.
The Trena Laine Makeup Company is based in Calgary, AB and provides mobile makeup and hair services from the Rockies, to Vancouver, to Fernie, and everywhere in between. Trena Laine produces their own cosmetic line under the Trena Laine brand.
Photo Credit Jessica Catherin Photography.