Course 1: Fundamentals of Basic Makeup
Build Your Foundation, Colour Your Career, Shape Your Future
This course is the first instalment of your professional makeup training, on your road to getting our complete Trena Laine Professional Makeup Certificate. Our Fundamentals of Basic Makeup Course has a strong emphasis on both theory and practical work and will empower you with the basics you need in order to get started on your career.
The practical knowledge you acquire will teach you how to approach real-life client issues, including addressing different skin types and conditions, as well as gaining an understanding of when trends do not apply. Our course is designed for students to be prepared for the entire experience of working with clients confidently in different professional settings. Students do not need any previous makeup training or experience to enrol in this certificate program.
This course is included in the Professional Makeup Artist Certifcation Program.
- A minimum of 4 days/32 hours is recommended for training & equipping for the course
- Video instruction provided for both theory & practical work
- 7 modules with worksheets in total
- 5 thorough practical video demos on different skin types & face/eye shapes
- Lifetime access to materials & videos
- Online exam to challenge oneself
- Certificate of completion
What you’ll learn from our educational platform
- Professional makeup
- Portfolio work
- Strong makeup business mindset
- Makeup theory
- Case Study Practical Work
- Marketing and branding tools
- Assessing the client’s needs
- Assess and treat different skin conditions
- Trends vs. personal style
- Wide range of techniques to help with real life experience
This course includes
- Safety and sanitation standards
- How to address skin conditions
- Building your tool kit
- Understanding colour theory
- Basic eye shapes, face shapes, nose contouring & brows
- Studying the art of all eye, face & nose shapes
- Introduction to brow shading and shaping
- Proper contour and highlighting techniques
- Practical work on oneself and other models
The Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine
Build a rewarding career in makeup artistry as you shape your future for either an excellent job with an established company, or to start your own lucrative freelance business! With the Professional Makeup Certificate from Trena Laine, you will receive credentials from a recognized and highly respected educator in this exciting field. Makeup artistry is very competitive and always evolving; the certificate elevates you above the competition with knowledge and experience from highly trained, qualified and accomplished professionals.
About Trena Laine
Trena is an Award-Winning Professional Makeup Artist with over 15 years’ experience in the industry. Having run a successful makeup company, Trena has been educating and providing training to aspiring artists for the past decade. The course is designed not only to certify them as a professional makeup artists, but to also guide them in building the necessary confidence in their skills, and to assist in crafting the tools and skills necessary to be job ready.
The detailed learning and knowledge in both the theory and practical videos will provide a ton of support and experience from this program. A game changer for anyone who desires a rewarding career as a makeup artist.
The Trena Laine Makeup Company is based in Calgary, AB and provides mobile makeup and hair services from the Rockies, to Vancouver, to Fernie, and everywhere in between. Trena Laine produces their own cosmetic line under the Trena Laine brand.
Photo Credit Jessica Catherin Photography.